Monday, October 4, 2010

You Have To Pick Your Battles

Grace thinks she is sneaky. Grace used to ask me if she could have treats that are in our cupboard, like chocolate chips, or when she used to get them, potty treats, and when I said no, she would get them anyways. She would go into the pantry and close the door and be in there for a little bit, and always come out with a smirk on her face, like she just got away with something. Of course I knew what she was doing, but I think it is important for her to feel like she just did something cool (yes disobedient).

She tried to do this again today. I let the kids have a piece of cake today, and I left the rest out on the counter because I planned on throwing it out - I don't need to be eating any. Grace asked if she could have the rest, I told her no. For about 20 minutes she kept telling me that she liked chocolate frosting, and again kept asking if she could have some. Only during these 20 minutes, she made about 10 trips to the kitchen, and always came back with chocolate on her breath, crumbs on her face and fingers, and a smirk on her face.

1 comment:

  1. Jack was the sneaky one at my house. He kept getting into the snack cupboard. I think that is why I had so many "swamp butt" diapers. He does love the dried apricots but needs to be rationed.
    Grace is a girl after my own heart. Chocolate is definitely worth sneaking around for.

    ReplyDelete