Monday, September 19, 2011

A Place I Can Go By Myself

I have found a new reason to read - not really a new reason, just one that I recognize that is vital for me. I meet new people. I get to know them and sometimes fall in love with them. I am just finishing a really good book. One that has been so different then any other book I have read before, not because of the story or the characters, or the way it is written, or maybe all of the above. I can see these people, I can hear them. I read and then get distracted by the kids, and catch myself wondering if I paused my show, only to remember that it is a book. I have stuck to the same authors, and find myself now older, and needing something more from a book. Nicholas Sparks you were great when I was younger, and loved reading about falling in love - but I think I am past that. I want something a little more - substantial. Something just as easy to read ( I have 2 little ones running around). It will be time to go to the book store again - or Camilles Closet.

1 comment:

  1. That's my favorite thing about reading. It's like magic to me. I'm going to start that book this week ( I am excited).

    ReplyDelete