Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not Just Another Day

I have had only a handful of spiritual experiences. Moments where I knew the Spirit was present, revelation of things in my life or things I needed to know. Callings I felt were really called by Heavenly Father. Today I had one of those moments.

I have been thinking about my testimony a lot lately. Last weeks Sunday school lesson and todays relief society lesson also brought me pondering my testimony. Not questioning just thinking about the moment that I knew I had one. That one moment when everything changed.

Today was ward conference and in Sacrament meeting, the bishop spoke and when he was done he announced that we would have a rest hymn, and after that we would like to have brother Wilkinson and sister Robison to come up and share their testimonies. WHAT??? I was not asked prior to hearing this when everyone else did. I am actually glad that I was not asked. I was glad that my heart only thumped fast and hard for the duration of the song and the other testimony.

I shared my testimony. And this was my spiritual moment. I feel that I was called to share my testimony because it was inspired by Heavenly Father. I feel that the last week or so, had been preparing me to be able to calmly go up in front of everyone and share my experience and testimony. And have it be real and not rehearsed. I was grateful for this experience.

Also my kids were very good in the meeting, which I am sure was a blessing, and also a guarantee to keep us there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you! I'm also sure that your testimony was much better to hear than me and Colby singing ours last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always an amazing thing the way the Spirit works. I'm sure it was a beautiful testimony and heartfelt. Wish I could have been there to hear it.

    ReplyDelete