Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Even Holy Things Can Be Creepy

Jack has been sick, and not having very restful nights. He wakes up numerous times at night and asks to sleep in Mommy's bed. We let him, usually just to get him to fall back asleep and then we move him. He woke up the other morning at about 5:15, and Clint had already left for work, so I brought Jack into Mommy's bed. Then a few minutes later Grace came in and walked over to our couch in our room (we have a permanent blanket and pillow for her when she comes into our room, so she doesn't climb into our bed) and got into 'bed'. I don't think she knew that Jack was in my room until he started talking. I asked Grace if she wanted to get into bed with us and in a very awake voice she said yes. She climbed into bed, as Jack was still talking. He pointed to the ceiling across the room and kept saying cow. (?) Then..... Grace said no Jack that is Jesus.

My first thought was , I know kids are closer to heaven and heavenly things, but really? My daughter can see Jesus? My next thought was oh crap, someone died.

Then Jack said no, a cow. And Grace said no, it is Jesus on Mommy's dresser you just can't see him very well.

I have a statue of Christ on my dresser. I calmed down. But we got up and went downstairs right after that.

1 comment:

  1. Mommies vs. Mommy's. Mommies indicates more than one Mommy, and last I heard, Clint is not classified as a Mommy. Mommy's indicates ownership.

    "The old man in the corner..."

    Kids are freakin scary.

    ReplyDelete