Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thank You, Bob Marley

I was out running errands yesterday when I got stopped at a light to make a right hand turn. The light turned green and the first few cars in front turned when there was a pedestrian crossing the street. I stopped and waited for him to finish crossing. He was a rastafarian looking man, with dreads, dressed in the rasta colors. He finished crossing and looked at me and slightly raised his hand as to say thank you, I smiled at him. He, in return, looked a little taken back and gave me the most gorgeous smile back.

I learned something yesterday, that I will always keep - sometimes people need something as simple as a smile. And I don't know who needed it more, me or him?

3 comments:

  1. You probably both needed it. Smiles are contageous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that. I love this linbe in a song that says "I've got nothihg to do today but smile".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had this experience and hope you will always remember to apply it in your life especially with those closest to you!
    As you described the man my thoughts went the movie "Never Been Kissed" and to rastafarian group in the club who "loved all people". We need to remember to love all people.
    Thanks for sharing this - mom

    ReplyDelete