Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fairy Wings

I have a jewelry box that I have had since I was probably 16. I love it. It is small, it can only hold a few items. It is a rectangular box that sits upright. It is green and inside is a fairy with pink wings and a pink dress. When you open the drawer on the bottom it plays You Light Up My Life, and the fairy dances around. I would wind it and just watch her frantically dance as if she were caught and trying to get out of the box. I think she stopped trying, she doesn't dance anymore. But it still plays music and the box is still pretty. It now sits in my daughters room. Maybe she will dance for her.

3 comments:

  1. If anyone can get her to dance again...Grace can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are such a good writer. This entry is very heartfelt - especially for the little fairy inside the box who is too tired to dance anymore.
    You should write a book (in your spare time).
    Love - Mom

    ReplyDelete