Monday, September 13, 2010

I Smell

There are scents that I love. I love the smell of Christmas. Vanilla. The smell of baking cookies that fills the whole house. I love the smell of rain. I love the smell of my sons breath.

On our way back home from visiting my family, we passed by the Kraft factory, and it always smells like macaroni. I love the smell of that. I think that the scent of things are very powerful. They can take us away to another place or person, or feeling. I like to think that I like the smell of the Kraft factory because it reminds me of my every other weekend trip to Fresno, to see the man that I fell in love with, and that it isn't just cause I love macaroni. But I am pretty sure it is the latter.

1 comment:

  1. That was a sweet thing to say.
    I totally agree with you about smells. For me songs are like that, too. Certain songs take you back to a time and place that is unforgetable.

    ReplyDelete