Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashionista




I often wonder what my children will be, or what they will do, or be good at as they get older. Grace likes to bake, maybe she will be a chef. Grace loves art, maybe she will be an artist. She likes to dance and make up songs, maybe she will be a performer. But what I over look is what she is probably the best at. Grace picks out her own clothes to wear - and yes I let her. She puts together the most amazing outfits. Patterns or colors that I wouldn't have chosen, but they totally work. She accessorizes perfectly. So I think that my daughter could be a designer or just a fashionista. This was my thought until she decided to come downstairs wearing a pair of shorts with a matching shirt, spongebob socks under her sandals, a scarf, and a horrible 'blossom' hat. But I guess everyone has a fashion disaster once in a while.

Yes, we had the socks with sandals talk

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she was testing you. She might be on to something...a new style perhaps? She probably looked beautiful even in her non-fashionable clothing. She is my sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, no one can look very beautiful in socks with sandals. Glad you gave her "the talk".

    ReplyDelete