Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Name Them One By One

Yesterday was a hard day. Emotional, would be a better word for it. Clint took Grace to the dentist, and thankfully everything is alright, other than now she has a Sloth (Goonies, look it up) smile. Then later that afternoon Grace was telling me that her tummy hurt. So I told her to go potty (this usually is the problem), she didn't have to. So I told her lets lay down in Mommy's bed for a little bit, and no more than two seconds later she threw up - all over my bed. The next 20 minutes went like this:

Took off her clothes and put them in my sink
Started a bath
Put her in
Jack wanted to get in, so in went him
Got Grace washed, out, and wrapped in a towel
Got Jack washed, out, and in the process of wrapping in a towel when I hear the doorbell ring
So I run downstairs with a wet jack, open the door, and there is Jon (father in law)
Let him in and Grace comes downstairs, still in her towel
Jack and I go back upstairs, get him in jams and bring down Graces. Get her dressed. And the kids play with Papa while I go back upstairs to clean up the vomit. Then he leaves, and as he goes I realized that that was a blessing.

And then I started thinking about the everyday things that probably are blessings that we just don't recognize. Jon pops in every now and then and visits with the kids for a few minutes, and so it wasn't unusual that he came over - it was the timing that was perfect. And I remember that Heavenly Father has his hand in all things, and no blessing is too small. And when we feel like we aren't being blessed - we are - just in different ways.

1 comment:

  1. No one is allowed to call my sweet Lilu "Sloth" or "Snaggletooth"!! However, I am glad you are at least trying to count some blessings in the midst of everything.

    ReplyDelete